Ad Tags

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Broken wheat Upma / Gothumai Upma


Broken wheat Upma or Gothumai Upma:

There are several methods of making this Upma. This is called Daliya in same places. The one I am posting now is a very simple and easier one. This will not have any spices hence forth can be given to little ones or elders at home. It is my daughter's all time favorite recipe.




Ingredients:

Broken wheat   - 1 cup
Broken green Moong dhal – ¼ cup
Ghee – 3 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 4 cups

Method:

In a cooker add ghee, broken wheat and broken moong dhal.
Sauté this for at least 5 min in ghee. See pic-1.
Then add salt for taste, add water and keep in simmer.
Turn off the cooker after 3 whistles.

It’s now ready to be served.

Shortly I will upload other variations of broken wheat recipe.  

2 comments:

  1. Right here is the perfect web site for everyone who really wants to find out about this topic.
    You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I
    actually will need to…HaHa). You definitely
    put a new spin on a topic that has been written about for years.
    Great stuff, just excellent!

    my web blog :: www.start.com.my

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you suggest me some recipes for diabetic patients or any websit for that.

    ReplyDelete