Ad Tags

Monday, February 18, 2013

Badusa / Badusha / Balushahi


First Blogging Anniversary! RAMYAS KITCHEN RECIPES has turned one on 15th February.

It feels like I was writing my first post and I can’t believe that I am year later. I have two reasons to celebrate. Yes, it’s our wedding anniversary as well as my blogs first anniversary and I was waiting when I will find time to post. The one year journey was awesome and was rewarding in terms of knowledge I gained and best part of blogging is connecting with so many people from different parts of the world. It had been a great outlet to me and anything I write I’d be happy with it. Before I would go further I would like to say THANK YOU, thank you to everyone who has read my words and I hope all of you would travel with me, learn, experience and experiment the recipes that I post in my blog. Blogging makes me feel that I am the boss for my blog and being your own boss is amazing as it teaches us responsibility and over all you get to work whenever you wish. I feel I have accomplished a huge milestone that seemed tough when I first began, and I feel so proud of for creating my own little space.

To honor this great day, I am planning to post a sweet recipe – BADUSHA

Badusa / Badusha / Balushahi Recipe:

Badhusha is a famous South Indian Recipe, made from Maida and sugar. My mom generally makes it for Diwali. But I hope all of you would have seen it in weddings and other functions. Badhusha resembles mini donuts and many people like it as its sweet is very mild. Let me know into the details of the recipe…



Ingredients:
Maida – 250 gms
Sugar – 1 tsp
Curd –  ¼ cup
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Ghee  – 50 gms
Oil – to deep fry

For sugar syrup :
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp

For Topping:
Chopped  nuts – 2 tsp

Preparation:
Seive maida and keep aside.

Method:
Beat curd, 1 tsp of sugar, ghee and baking soda with a ladle or whisk for 5 minutes.
Add flour little by little and mix it till the flour gets incorporated well. You can add water if required. Do not over knead it. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
After half an hour, knead the dough till soft make small lemon sized balls out of it, flatten it a little and make a impression with your thumb in the middle.
It will resemble the mini donuts.

Meanwhile let’s make the sugar syrup.

Take a heavy bottom pan, add water and sugar.
Stir it till sugar dissolves.
Filter it to remove any impurities present in it.
Bring the syrup to boil well till it reaches one string consistency.
Add cardamom powder and mix it.

Lets make the Badushas:

Heat oil in a Kadai.
Fry 4 – 5 Badushas in a low flame till golden brown.
Flip them carefully and cook it both the sides.
This takes a lot of time to gets cooked.
Drop the fried Badushas in sugar syr­­­up and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. Now remove it from the syrup and keep it in a plate. Garnish it with nuts.

Badusha is ready to be served :)

Notes:

Be careful not to drop the badusha in oil that is too hot as it will get golden color immediately but will not be cooked inside.
To check if the oil is hot add a very little portion of dough in the hot oil, if it immediately rise to the surface then its correct temperature to add badushas.
Keep the flame in low when you fry Badushas.

It will stay for a week and you can store it in an air tight container.

See you soon in another recipe :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Happy First Anniversary..
    Keep posting new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work dear Ramya! Cool new look as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool page and easy to browz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. coool. good work. keep rocking. have tried many recipes from ur blog and it turned out yummy. long way to go. Hats off ramya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Caro... Stay tuned to this space for more recipes

      Delete